Wide-Eyed and Snowbound...

Happy New Year to you all...may 2009 be prosperous and fortuitous...well, not just May, all the year...

No New Year's Resolutions just 3 ft of snow. The plows were pulled off the roads at Noon, but luckily Steve had managed to get home from work - very wide eyed and terrified after his horrendous white-out journey. They are calling for more...all these phrases we don't have a need for in the UK!

New Year was different as Steve was working but the boys and I went to a neighbour's party. All the kids (7 of them) were playing in the snow at 12.30am...I think a good time was had by all! I have photos, but the storm is barely leting me get online nevermind uploading!

Anyway, I have to get all togged up for my trek across the land to my Dad's, he can get his car off, his drive has been blown (there's another phrase!) and we are desperate for supplies...we have the emergency stuff in the 'trunk' and I'm hoping he'll let me drive...Chocks away, Ginger!

No comments: