The Big Day

My Mum's operation day has finally arrived and with it a nasty winter storm. We only have about 5 inches of snow - but the problem is that it is blowing. That means it drifts along the roads making driving treacherous. I've just got an email saying the kids are being sent home from school due to weather conditions. I blame Joe - he's been parying for snow for a week!

I've convinced my Dad to stay home rather than go to the hospital, I think Mum would be more anxious with him there than with her. I dropped her off at 8am and so far she is yet to arrive in Recovery.

For those of you that aren't aware, they found growths on one of her kidneys which they tell us has a 60% chance of being cancerous. Since her other kidney is perfectly healthy, they just remove the whole kidney. It's a brutal operation and I'm hoping my Dad can cope. Not with the basic stuff, as I'm around to do that, but emotionally. Apparently her recovery will be around 2/3 months so I'm praying that my Dad's health keeps up.

Anyway, enough of that...back to the storm...Sam and Joe have just arrived home with hopeful talk of a snow day tomorrow...that'll be fun with Steve in bed after a nightshift! I'll send them over to terrorize Grandad - he can do with the company!

I still haven't taken photos of our Christmas lights...have it on my 'to-do' list...taking my Dad to the Dentist tomorrow - thank god for snow tyres!

Keep safe and WARM!


No comments: