Snow days

I think the school have had 4 so far in 2009...nice eh? Joe has been in one hour short of 2 days this week and is off today for a teacher training day.

We've had a lot of snow - so far in 2009 - 89 inches...which I'm told is over 2 metres. The snow around the house has compacted into ice - so its only the top foot that you sink down into, which is nice...cos a twice-daily 4ft slog to the chicken house is not appealing!
Here's the chicken shed - the fence around it is 6ft high.



Speaking of which, the chickens seemed to have found a new lease of life - we are getting plenty of eggs again - the fox incident seems to have charged them into gear - I figure they must have a paranoid notion that we sent him in there for dropping standards in egg production...well; maybe..




So Joe's off school today and we just spent an hour larking around outside - I couldn't get much enthusiasm from him as he hasn't been very well - headaches and a cold. He also spends too much time on his nintendo and 360...so he had no choice - I was determined in the matter. So, 3 hours after I originally told him to go outside, we got there...and we had a pleasant hour - marred only by the loss of the sledge - lost, I reckon, about 2 ft ago. We lose it every winter...and when the thaw comes we claim it back as our prodigal sledge.




Here's Joe looking like a seal...




Steve's birthday had a huge hiccough - I got a 'can't talk' migraine, which is one of the worst...so that was me done for the day...Steve managed to read his Sir Bobby Charlton book and watch footie all day without me...Blesssss...we swapped the meal out to last night and I was so pleased not to be cooking for once.

Sam started his exams yesterday...he says it went well - I hope so, fingers crossed!

PS The boys are off on Monday aswell - a new holiday called 'Islander Day' - I'll have to buy an Anne Of Green Gables wig especially!

PPS We are hoping to get to the Jack Frost Festival this year - lots of ice sculptures done by islanders every year - should be some good photos!






No comments: