Superhot!!

It's a new word, it describes our Summer...oh my...melting, shimmering heat...today was 39 with the humidex...Steve has a farmer's tan...since he's working outside, in his socks and trainers, his feet are luminous and it's hilarious!

What a weekend we've had - did I mention we love it here?

Saturday was a mere 28 degrees...and we spent the afternoon/ evening at a car rally - which is a treasure/ scavenger hunt to us...6 of us crammed into a car, laughing all afternoon and eventually winning the whole thing...with a bbq afterwards...great, great day!

Sunday we chilled, we went out on Lloyd's boat from 1 til 7...it was 30 degrees and fantastic. We moored off a south shore bay and had a bbq on board, with lots of swimming and jumping off the top of the boat...what a laugh we had...and I was so chilled out I was in bed by 9.30.

Last night we went to th 'Old Homo Week' Racing in Charlottetown...the natives call it Old Home Week...but we have our own name and we're sticking to it...the boys met up with their mates at the fairground on the same site and we watched the horse harness racing with some friends...another fabulous night - and one of those hot balmy nights to boot!

This Friday I have to furiously peel potatoes for the Breakfast at the Schoolhouse on Saturday morning, I need that like a hole in the head...but when you've volunteered months ago, what can you do??

Saturday evening is our bbq with lots of people coming over...and I'm having a drink - so heaven help them!

Steve's nearly finished the deck, my Mum's consultant said her powers of recuperation are remarkable and my boys are as brown as berries spending every day at the beach...!

I've just finished hoovering the pool out...so I'm soggy and need to shower...so that's it for now!

Hope the sun is shining in Blighty! Tally Ho!

PS...Damn site still won't upload photos...!



No comments: