August arriva derci...

...where did it go?? Oh my word, one minute it was July and now it's nearly September...

We have had a terrific time though, God knows what we'd have done if we'd had company this year...so, so busy!

Anyway, where did I leave off last time...ah yes...it was scorchio...and it still is...we were threatened with hurricane Bill last weekend but he came and went with a whimper.

On Friday I was landed with 30lb (yes 3-0) of potatoes to peel, dice & cook (fry) and
surprisingly, I was not impressed! On Saturday I went along to the schoolhouse (cooked spuds under arm) and waitressed for their country breakfast. It was a roaring success, as usual.

(As an aside...oh how we laughed...someone had changed the sign from Country Breakfast to C*n* Fest...ooops!!lol!!! No-one in the community mentioned it - and me and Steve haven't said a word in case someone says - well why didn't you stop and change it???!!!)

Anyway, we are also taking Sam to the physio - he has torn two ligaments ion his back and is off Soccer for a while. I think that he and Ida may have broken up again...it's so complicated , I don't ask...! Tonight Steve & the boys have gone to watch the PEI team play in the Canada Games, this is the last week of the games and they've been very successful. They've sold over 500,000 tickets (and the population of PEI is only 140,000.)

Last Saturday was our Bbq...and it was a great success..apparently..I had hit the Bacardi at 4pm, so God knows!! I had a great time anyway! Yes - of course I was loud, Alison...you'd expect nothing less n'est-ce pas?? Steve went off with some bloke friends around 10 to watch the final night of the racing - the Gold Cup & Saucer (don't you just love it!)

Steve finished the deck, damn fine job too - I'll take some photos another time...

Sunday we blobbed...all exhausted...and Steve was as poorly as me on account of all the Shine he had drunk...I can laugh now, but at the time it wasn't funny!

I heard back from the Revenue job - I passed the test bizarrely, migraine an' all...so we'll see!

I finally managed to d/load some photos - here's the boat trip a couple of weeks ago - that's Sam jumping off the top of the boat ( I did that too - great fun)




















and here's some random beach photos....


The garden (veg patch to us Anglos) is doing well...the freezer's almost fully stocked with the veg...another photo opportunity...but another time...cos it's playing up again...


Some sad news today, my Auntie Betty is very unwell with Cancer, very sad. Makes me feel a long way from family & friends. Miss you all xxx (don't miss your sh*tty weather tho ;-))

No comments: