Stainless Steel & Snow

I'm pissed...not in the alcohol sense, but the American sense. Since 1994 I've had stainless steel (SS) appliances of some genre, for the last 10 years all my appliances in the kitchen are SS. I've religiously cleaned them with baby oil and resigned myself to the fact that if you have SS it takes work...The other day I see a spray can of SS cleaner - ok, I'll try it I think. I managed to clean EVERYTHING...by that I mean the supersize fridge, cooker, microwave, coffee maker, kettle, bin and bread bin within 10 minutes - it would normally take me 15 minutes just to do the fridge...hence, the reason I'm annoyed with myself...all those friggin' years of wasted effort...

Therefore, the hint for today - buy spray can SS cleaner and do yourself a BIG favour...(get a life, I hear you cry..!)

Sam's auditioning for the talent show today...rehearsal's have been going on throughout March break and this week. I hope he's done well today as (selfishly) I need him in a good mood to clear the legion of snow in front of the house...I cleared a path to the Chicken shed this morning and it took me half an hour...NO FUN, I can tell you, especially since we'd had a taste of spring last weekend and the snow was going.

Chill blains aside...Islanders tell us that we need this light snow (about 2 ft worth) to get rid of the permo-snow...but I'm not convinced...the bloody snowdrift at the back of the chicken shed is now over 8 ft high and we have had winds of 60 miles per hour for the last 2 days...so much for Spring! Anyone in the Uk sending me emails of wonderful weather knows where they can stick em!

I suppose I'll get my own back when it's 25 to 30 degrees here in the summer and you have got, well, rain.

On the political front - Galloway wasn't allowed in to Canada for his talks, lol...and I don't know if you would have seen this over there - there's been a big furore in Canada over some idiot yank on Fox Channel making fun of Canada's efforts in Afghanistan (bear in mind that so far 116 Canadian Soldiers killed there)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJn5XlbSFk


Enjoy your suncshine - it won't last! :-P

No comments: