Bloody Awful...


We are mourning a brief Spring...for a few days there we had it good, temperatures soaring over zero...but today it's -8, with a windchill of desperate...and tomorrow down to -25...SH%T...


So I've just been out in the cold, cold wind trying to remove the ice from the steps in front of the front door...to not much avail...and now I'm bloody chilled to the bone...


Joe's schooling has been in turmoil for a couple of months, his last parent-teacher conference was not good. His teacher asked where the quick-witted, intelligent and interested child had gone...at the time I was hoping that the teacher would answer the same question for me. So for the past month we've been giving him lots of attention, we cut down the Nintendo 360 to an hour max a day and put him back on the eye-q capsules. What a difference...I can't remember why I took him off the eye-q, it must have been a jump of faith in his mental capacities...but I've now come to realise it was a mistake. Joe is like a different child - he's happy, he's curious and its the old-Joe. No longer quiet and broody, he jumps into everything with gusto and it's so nice to see. I spoke to his teacher yesterday who agreed that Joe is doing really well again. So the combination of attention & Eye-q is working well and we are all very pleased with his progress.


Sam is constantly practising his guitar. His band 'Black Finger' have a talent competition coming up next month and he's determined to win. He's off to the school dance tonight in Crapaud (pronounced Crappo...yes, really) so I'm playing taxi again. He seems very taken with his new girlfriend Ida.


Well, I'd better be off as I've got to find a recipe for the Mackerel we caught last summer. Hope the weather is decent over there...! If not, just think about us chilly over here!

No comments: