Camping, Backache & Bladders

I've always said I'm not a camper, and my resolve has strengthened with good reason. Last week I took Joe to one of his friend's trailer at a Summer Campground in Cornwall (yes...these people have normal houses, regular lives and choose to camp for the Summer) I expected to see lots for the kids to do and smiling 'getting back to nature' folks. What I saw instead was a car park in the woods..people sat outside next to trailers, parked next to their cars, within 4ft of their neighbours...buzzing with mosquitoes and very very damp...! To be honest, I think I could offer more attraction parked on my own drive.

Anyway, it's been an incredibly busy since I last wrote, soccer, hospital visits and work are taking over our lives. I can't remember the last time during the week when we all sat down as a family and had a meal.

Steve's been working on the NE tip of the island, stunningly beautiful but full of very vicious mozzies. he's not been getting home til 7.30pm, by which point I'm out with one or both of the boys...summer bliss!

We had a week of hot rain, which was horrid, but the last 4 days have been glorious. Today is set to be a scorcher, so once I've done the shopping and dropped back Joe's friend who slept over, I'll be floating on our pool in a rubber ring...now, there's an awful mental picture for you!

Sam's team got to the Semi's of the Soccer tournament last weekend, the team that beat them went on to win the tournament. He got man of the match and scored a goal, so he wasn't too disappointed.

This weekend there is a huge 3 day music festival on the North Shore, Reba MacIntyre and Tim McGraw are appearing, which is very exciting if you are a big country music fan, but we're not, so we're not...and we are definitely staying away from the yee-har Stetson madness.

I pulled my back a week last Monday - not good at all, just about recovering now, it completely ballsed up last week's Canada Day celebrations. Steve took the kids down to Canoe Cove and they had a great time, all our neighbours had turned out. Meanwhile I was horizontal and not daring to move...not the best week of my life!

Mum went into hospital and had a gall stone removed, she's having the gall bladder out next Friday.

Hope you are enjoying your summer...got to go, stuff to do!

No comments: